Friday, October 22, 2010

Aloha

It had been a long time I didn't update this blog, it is because I'm LAZY. No other reason...
     PMR is finished! But I feel even boring compared to the situation before PMR, weird, nothing to do, and I am wasting most of my time wandering in library during school lessons, who cares?
     While wasting my precious time, my friend introduced me an author, Dan Brown, and recommended me to read his book. So I borrowed "The Lost Symbol" from library. This book is marvellous, and it is fulled with a lot of damn vocabulary, anyway the story is interesting, and it also contains some puzzle, one of them is the famous "4 by 4 Magic Square", invented by Albrecht Durer.
Albrecht Durer's magic square
     Above is the legendary magic square, Dürer's magic square is a magic square with magic constant 34 used in an engraving entitled Melancholia I by Albrecht Dürer (The British Museum, Burton 1989, Gellert et al. 1989). The engraving shows a disorganized jumble of scientific equipment lying unused while an intellectual sits absorbed in thought. Dürer's magic square is located in the upper right-hand corner of the engraving. And most amazingly, the numbers 15 and 14 appear in the middle of the bottom row, indicating the year of the engraving, 1514.
     The Lost Symbol eventually sparked my interested on researching of these mathematics and some mystery of old ancient organization, and the Noetic Science, it is complicated to explain, however it says that human mind can affect particles, and blah blah blah, and also blah blah blah, which also will blah blah blah.... however Noetic Science isn't the issue we are diccusing now...
     That's for today, gonna go back and dig into the mysterious mathematics world...

No comments:

Post a Comment